Celebration of the Arts
June 6 10am-4pm
The Celebration of the Arts started in 2003 as a street-type art fair and has grown to a large art festival with more than 80 art vendors. The Celebration of the Arts is part of a town-wide festival called Celebrate Fuquay-Varina. This festival showcases regional music acts as well as a variety of free, family-fun entertainment. The combination of music, great food, fun activities and incredible art vendors attracts large crowds.
The art festival features artists and fine crafts people producing original work. Many categories of original art work are represented including jewelry, basketry, clay and ceramic creations, soap, candles, decorative painting, fine art painting, garden art, metal work, furniture, drawings, and folk art.
The 2015 Celebration of the Arts Festival will be Saturday, June 6.
Last day for signup: Friday, April 10
Booth (before close of day April 10): $85
Corner Booth (before close of day April 10): $100
Booth (after April 10): $100
Corner Booth (after April 10): $120
New requirements from the NC Department of Revenue:
- The person must obtain a certificate of registration from the NC Department of Revenue
- In order to obtain a Certificate of Registration, a person must complete Form NC-BR, Business Registration Application for Income Tax Withholding, Sales and Use Tax, and Machinery and Equipment Tax, available through online registration from the Department’s website at http://www.dornc.com/electronic/registration/index.html
- Or complete a web-fill version of the form at http://www.dornc.com/downloads/fillin/NCBR_webfill.pdf and mail it to the Department.
- No fee is required in order to apply for a Certificate of Registration.
- A person that makes sales at a specialty market or other event is required to conspicuously display a Certificate of Registration or display a confirmation from the Department showing application for a Certificate of Registration until the certificate is received from the Department.
"The show was organized very, very well. Set up went smoothly due to the awesome volunteers on hand. The guys that helped with break down were AMAZING and soooo fast. Traffic was great! Really well done! Thanks."
~ Wendy Parker, Stuck Together Magnets, Apex, NC
"Set up was very well organized, a very well planned event. Met some lovely people and had a wonderful day! Thanks so much!"
~ Cindy Mays, Sweet Southern Charmer, Angier, NC
"This show could not have been any more organized. We were very impressed right from the start when help was there waiting for us to unload our merchandise and displays. Thank you for all your help."
~ Susan Strickland, Artisans, Greenville, NC
Special thanks to Jerry's Artarama for helping us promote this event.
Proceeds from this event benefit revitalization efforts in Historic Downtown Fuquay-Varina.